This sounds like a very self explanatory title. However, as I’ve worked with companies, I’ve found that many businesses don’t use their product photos! This could be for several reasons – maybe their branding went a different direction, they weren’t completely happy with the end product from the photographer, or they just had enough photos to meet their minimum needs already. Whatever the reason, I’ve gathered a list of ways to use your product photos to help you get the most out of your images.
- Use as an Instagram post. You can use several photos from the same photoshoot on Instagram! The trick is, when you’re planning your posts, have a few posts in between ones that are really similar. You can have weeks worth of content created by having slightly different angles from different shoots.
- Use as a Facebook post. Write a caption that’s useful to your client – about something their interested in, or they would find helpful. Use your image to catch their attention.
- Use in Instagram stories. People love seeing beautiful photos and behind the scenes images in the stories!
- Add to your Google Business page. Adding photos to your Google business page can help people understand what your business does.
- Write a blog post. Again, write about something that your ideal client would find interesting or helpful. Use images to add interest.
- Create a Pinterest graphic. Pinterest is a powerful search engine that thousands of people use every day. Using beautiful imagery here can attract more clients, and share your product.
- Create freebies for your clients. You can use your images (depending on what they are!) to create free phone backgrounds, desktop backgrounds, etc. You could also write an ebook with tips for your customers, and use the images to illustrate the book. You can use Canva – learn more about this design tool here!
- Create gift cards, business cards, flyers, and other promotional materials. If you are advertising for a specific event or sale, use the images to get the word out in a fun, attractive way!
- Branding board. When you’re brainstorming ideas for your business, it can help to have a moodboard that describes your brand in a place where you can see it. This can help you gain inspiration and stay focused as you work.
- Decorate your workplace! I remember visiting Agnes and Dora to talk about their photography needs. I walked into their office, and was absolutely in love with the feel there! They had printed large prints from their photo campaigns, and framed them and put them on the wall. This made their workplace feel fun, bright, and professional – just like their brand.
- Decorate your store! Whether it’s a small booth at a farmer’s market, or a boutique in a mall, you can print out the images and display them. This will add to the fun, eye catching feel of your store, and will catch people’s eye.
These are just a few ideas on how to use your product photos! I hope you found them helpful. There are so many creative ways to use your images – I hope you can use them to their fullest potential.